- Types of Interest Groups:
- Economic Interests: Labor, Business
- union shops, right-to-work laws, Taft Hartley Act
- Environmental Interests
- Equality Interests
- Consumer and Public Interest Lobbies
- Ralph Nader: Unsafe at Any Speed
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
Why have labor interest groups declined while business interest groups have proliferated in recent decades?
What are the shifting political goals of Equality interest groups in recent years? For example. what have minority rights groups advocated since the Brown v. Board decision, and what have women's rights groups supported since the failure of the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA)?
What types of issues and people do Consumer and Public Interest groups represent?